Must do ...
- Fix too large UDP packets for SIP, auto switch to TCP
- Try multiple DNS SRV records for SIP.
Should do ...
- Verify H.224 support interoperability.
- More "conference aware" extensions.
- Two stage audio transcoding (frame size matching issue)
- RTP socket/thread aggregation for scalability
- Review QoS support
- SIP UPDATE command
Might do ...
- RTP FEC
- Conference Binary Floor Protocol
- Multimedia device plug ins
- Media synchronisation (lipsync)
- Add XMPP/Jingle support (GoogleTalk)
- Addition of Phil Zimmermans ZRTP.
- Utilisation of iiiASN template based ASN compiler. This can take more than two megabytes out of executable image size. As more and more embedded or PDA systems are used, this becomes a useful change.
- H.249 support, possibly ported from Simon Hornes H323plus.